10 ways to save money when you travel abroad
Planning a trip abroad? While it might be highly exhilarating to imagine traveling abroad, it also comes with a certain set of responsibilities. There are several factors that need to be considered while planning your trip abroad. Amongst all the factors, the overall expense is the most important one. Your foreign travel might come at a hefty price. Therefore, it is important to plan out the expense in a wise manner such that it does not burn a hole in your pockets.
If you wish to travel in a budget-friendly manner, then here are some helpful tips to consider:
- Select Airfare Wisely: The overall cost of airfare varies not just season-wise, it also varies on the particular day of the week that you would be traveling. The travel experts suggest that you should make the air booking some 50-100 days prior to your trip. Moreover, several airline companies also offer special offers when you make the bookings on Thursdays and returning on Mondays. Many airline companies also offer discounted tickets during the month of September. Therefore, you can plan out your air travel wisely.
- Be a Cautious Diner: If you are heading out to enjoy the special cuisine offered by a particular place, then you must be thrifty in choosing the menu. While there might be a plethora of dining options in the given place, it is better to go for the cafes or even street food that is hygienic. This might serve highly economical on your budget.
- Research Car Rentals: If you are in need of a car rental while traveling abroad, then you must do your part of research in advance. You must analyze different booking sites that might be offering discounts on prior car rental bookings. While selecting the same, look out for traveler reviews to ensure the reliability of car rental services.
- Use the Cheapest Transportation: Making use of the cheapest modes of conveyance like public vehicles to explore the place can be a great way to save money on your foreign travel. If it is feasible, then walk to the close by places instead of hiring any transportation service. It also offers the opportunity to view the place in a proper manner.
- Know the Currency Well: The exchange rates of the currency worldwide keep changing consistently. Therefore, it is a great idea to research the rates and currency valuations properly before heading out to your abroad trip. This would help you out while spending wisely in a foreign land. Many online portals help in the safe and efficient transfer of money. For example, I usually prefer Instarem, when I have to transfer money to Malaysia from Singapore.
- Research the Cheaper Accommodations: If you are adamant on saving on your foreign trip, then you should do ample research while searching for better and cheaper accommodations. There are several options of living in guest houses and even in hostels in almost all major cities of the world.
- Utilize Savvy Shopping Skills: Everyone loves shopping while going abroad. However, it is vital to be cautious while shopping. You should consider taking only certain souvenirs from a particular place as a token of you having visited the same.
- Download Budget-Friendly Travel Apps: While it is profitable to book everything in advance, you might still find the need to select a new hotel or eating place on your trip. At such times, the budget-friendly travel apps might come to your rescue.
- Avail Free Entertainment: Almost all the cities of the world offer free entertainment options like parks, museums, and top landscapes. These are a great way to explore the particular city almost for free.
- Be Away from “Only Here” Offers: It is wise to not waste money on location-specific offers or services. Try exploring the city on yourself and you would experience try joys of traveling.
Learn some simple tips to save money while traveling abroad.